The Open Photographic Society (OPS) is open to anyone, amateur or professional, who has an interest in photography. The Distinction Programme is similarly open to anyone who wishes to make an application. The Society has no formal membership list so there is no requirement to become a member or pay a subscription as is the case with many other photographic societies.
Please note that:
- Anyone under the age of eighteen may apply for a Certificate of Merit;
- Anyone over the age of eighteen may apply for a Licentiateship (LOPS);
- Anyone over the age of eighteen may apply for an Associateship (AOPS);
- Fellowship (FOPS) applicants must be over the age of eighteen years and must have previously been awarded an Associateship (or an equivalent or higher-level distinction or qualification) by OPS or a recognized photographic institution such as:
- The Royal Photographic Society (RPS)
- The British Institute of Professional Photographers (BIPP)
- The Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP)
- The Australian Photographic Society (APS)
- The Photographic Society of new Zealand (PSNZ)
- The Photographic Society of America (PSA)
Equivalent distinctions gained from societies and organizations other than those listed above may be accepted. If in doubt please email us for clarification.